BIGGER HAULS, BIGGER PAY, BIGGER EXCITEMENT!
Perkins, the leader in transportation of heavy, over dimensional cargo is a stable, well managed firm that is growing to meet customers needs. As we grow, we are constantly seeking qualified and experienced personnel for a variety of positions including Equipment Operators with a Class A CDL, Laborers with a Class A/B CDL, Project Managers and Coordinators, Welders, Equipment Technicians and Engineers. If you are one of the best at what you do, consider joining the best.
Perkins Specialized Transportation is currently seeking employees for the following careers:
DRIVING CAREERS:All field employees are required to have a valid driver license with a clean driving record, pass a strict DOT physical and background check plus be able to go into Canada.
(Equipment Operators with Class A CDL)
|Summary: This career opportunity is like no other and because of this, it requires employees to be away from home 4 – 6 weeks at a time. This rewarding career is labor intensive so it requires candidates to be able to work in all different kinds of elements as well as be able to lift 75 pounds. This career includes a base salary, plus field assignment pay that will pay you for every day that you are away from home. In addition, employees receive a per diem of $40 per day when away from home, company paid individual accommodations and much more. All employees in the ‘pay grade system’ are given a list of tasks to complete at the beginning of employment. Once these tasks are accomplished (usually within 12-16 months of hire) the employee will be given a substantial raise in salary. Bigger pay is not just words at Perkins Specialized! We are looking for the best. Click the job description link for full details. Click "How we stack up" for details of what bigger pay really means.
(Laborers with Class A or B CDL)
|Summary: This career opportunity is like no other and because of this, it requires employees to be away from home 4 – 6 weeks at a time. As our jobs are labor intensive, candidates must be able to work in all different kinds of elements as well as be able to lift 75 pounds. This career includes a base salary pay, plus field assignment pay that will pay you for every day that you are away from home. In addition, employees receive a per diem of $40 per day when away from home, and all employees in the pay grade are given a list of tasks to complete at the beginning of employment. Once these tasks are accomplished (usually within 9-12 months of hire) the employee will be given a substantial raise in salary. Bigger pay is not just words at Perkins Specialized! We are looking for the best. Click the job description link for full details. Click "How we stack up" for details of what bigger pay really means.
Perkins Specialized Transportation Contracting offers it office employees a great
work environment with state of the art equipment to help them perform the tasks that are required.
Application Engineering Supervisor
The Application Engineering Supervisor (AES) is part of the Technical Services department reporting and will facilitate execution of all technical planning tasks related to transportation projects. The AES will manage designers and oversee communications with the Project Managers and Field Superintendents to ensure transportation configurations, weight collection data and technical limitations of equipment combinations (including cargo) are within compliance.
Areas of Responsibilities:
· Develop project plans and associated communications documents.
· Calculate, evaluate, plan and create transport plans & drawings.
· Effectively communicate technical limitations to team members and
stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
· Design and / or modify new or existing auxiliary transportation equipment.
· Review and approve transport configuration drawings, fabrication prints
as well as assembly drawings and securement plans.
· Provide technical assistance/approval for part fabrication (in-house & out-sourced)
· Provide technical assistance for raw material procurement
· Provide technical assistance to the Sales team for the estimating process.
· Coach designers to develop effective plans for transportation projects.
· Provide accurate inventory of planned and available resources
and load-out lists/material lists for projects.
· Provide support on-site in the field to: transportation crews, project managers
and customers of Perkins during larger or more technically challenging projects.
· Advise the Technical Services Manager on HR matters for his / her team members (yearly appraisal, request for days off, etc).
· Other Duties, as assigned by the Technical Services Manager.
· Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
· Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises,
and devise contingency plans.
· Define project performance measures and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
· Develop best practices and tools to support project execution and management.
· Determine responsibility for sourcing vendors and purchasing custom transport equipment and services
· Support new product development by analyzing new transport equipment designs
AES should expect the following percentages of their time away from the office:
1. Approximately 10% on job-sites supporting field operations or performing surveys/feasibility studies.
2. Approximately 10% for Client and / or Project Coordination Meetings.
· Familiarity with steel design codes;
· Familiarity with welding design codes;
· Managing, supervising and mentoring personnel.
· Good communication skills, verbal and written.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Able to work with minimal supervision.
· Sense of accountability to meet deadlines.
· Ability to multi task.
· Exceptional organizational skills.
· Excellent computer skills (AutoCAD, ERP systems, Office and web-based
apps and navigation)
· Familiarity with project management software and scheduling concepts.
· Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented,
collaborative environment is essential.
· Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
· Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
· Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
· Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
Minimum Academic Qualification:
· Bachelors of Science in Engineering Discipline: Mechanical, Civil or Industrial Engineering preferred or equivalent experience.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in application engineering. Must have minimum of 3 years supervisory experience of engineering related staff.
· Professional Engineering (PE) Registration preferred.
· Willingness and commitment to maintain continuous education units annually.
· Familiarity with transportation or crane and rigging systems.
We will cover relocation costs for qualified candidate in US and Canada only.
Visa sponsorship a consideration.
Metal Fabrication/Welding Job
· Welding and Metal Fabrication for state of the art equipment that
help move some of the biggest hauls in North America
· Work with different types of equipment and materials to complete assigned projects
· Arc welding, cutting, grinding, bending and forming
· Pride of a quality finished project
· Work in a clean and safe work environment
Position Minimum Requirements:
· Proficiency in organizing and attention to detail
· The ability to follow a schedule and meet deadlines
· Strong blue print reading skills
· Must have at least two years welding experience (SMAW, FCAW, GMAW)
· Able to lift 75 pounds
is an equal opportunity employer